Thursday, December 10, 2009

Chilling in Canada with my dad

So I'm home in Canada and it's really late and I'm not tired at all. I'm actually doing more stuff here then I was when I was in St Louis, probably because I'm with my dad here, who is actually willing to drive me places, unlike my mom. My dad is always up for going for a drive and is always asking me what I want to do, so I feel more motivated to do things. Even though I am working on trying to motivate myself more.

So today I started to learn how to drive a stick-shift! I was a bit scared, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. There is so much to remember though! So there is going to be a lot more practicing to come. Me and my dad were driving around this empty parking lot, and after about a half an hour he says "Ok, just one more round and then we'll leave because all of this jerking around is making me have to go to the bathroom." Haha, oh dad, how you make me laugh.

Also, last night was the finale of Glee! I won't give anything away just in case, but I was freaking out the whole time. Puck annoys me so much, I just want to punch him in the face. And Paul hates Rachael, but I can't help liking her because she has one of the most amazing voices I have ever heard. Seriously, I would do anything to be as good as her. I am also spending all of my money on iTunes buying the Glee songs right after each episode. I've probably spent around $50 on the songs, but I don't regret it at all because I pretty much listen to them every single day.

Last night my dad and I also watched Julie and Julia, which was SO much better then I thought it would be. I wasn't exactly sure what to expect, but it was hilarious! Amy Adams did look sort of butch though, which was unfortunate. A lot of people say I look like her, but they said that when she was in Enchanted and dressed up as a princess and looked pretty. Hopefully I don't look like her in this movie where she's butch. Meryl Streep is amazing in this movie She is hilarious! She had the funniest accent ever, (which I assume is Julia Child's accent, who I know nothing about) and I would literally laugh everytime she talked, which was a lot. I feel bad for Julia Child's husband though, because even though her accent is funny, I couldn't imagine having to live with it 24/7, it would absolutely drive me crazy after awhile. Sort of like Janice from Friends, but not quite as annoying. So if you haven't seen this movie see it, because both me and my dad loved and and we have very different tastes in movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment